There is good news for certain Subaru owners and lessees that bought or leased a Subaru between 2011 and 2015. Subaru of America Inc. has agreed to grant extended warranties increasing the warranty period to eight (8) years/100,000 miles, and to reimburse affected consumers who suffered financially due to the excessive amount of oil they were purchasing to make up for the amount of oil burning their cars required.
Affected vehicles in this class action settlement include:
Automatic/CVT Transmission models:
· 2011-14 Forester (below VIN *529004)
· 2012-13 Impreza 4-Door (below VIN *033336)
· 2012-13 Impreza 5-Door Wagon (below VIN *886714)
· 2013 Crosstrek (below VIN *856139)
· 2013 Legacy (below VIN *048086)
· 2013 Outback (below VIN *321435)
Manual Transmission Models:
· 2011-15 Forester (below VIN *543624)
· 2012-15 Impreza (below VIN *270253)
· 2013-15 Crosstrek (below VIN *270284)
· 2013-14 Legacy (all)
· 2013-14 Outback (all)
Class members will automatically receive the extended warranty, however, if you wish to be reimbursed for oil costs, proof of purchase must be mailed in with the claim form by October 1, 2016.