Gucci America Inc. was accused of violating the Fair Labor Standards Act and New York State Labor Law by not paying out statutory minimum wage to interns for their time spent interning. The lawsuit sought to recover unpaid wages to all affected by these violations.
Guccie denies all allegations, however, has agreed to settle to avoid a lengthy, expensive, unforeseen trail.
You qualify as a class member if you interned with Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Stella McCartney, or Bottega Veneta during the application class period.
- Class Period for Gucci Interns: Nov. 18, 2008, to May 17, 2016.
- Class Period for Yves Saint Laurent, Stella McCartney, and Bottega Veneta Interns: May 17, 2010, to May 17, 2016.
Class member could expect to be compensated as follows:
- $450, $505 or $650 for Class Members who provided services in a corporate setting. The amount the Class Member will be paid depends on the company for which the Class Member interned.
- $900 for Class Members who provided services in a retail setting for any of the defendants.
The Claim Form deadline differs for verified vs. unverified class members.
- Verified class members deadline to submit a claim is July 27, 2017.
- Unverified class members deadline to submit a claim form is September 25, 2017.
****If your notice of the Gucci internship class action settlement was mailed after April 28, 2017, you are an Unverified Class Member.