Apple Inc. apparently misrepresented the privacy and safety of their iDevices! Several App developers were sued over allegations that certain versions of the apps would obtain data from users Apple devices, violating their Privacy Rights!
If you downloaded Foodspotting, Foursquare, Gowalla, Instagram, Kik, Path, Twitter and/or Yelp before Feb. 23, 2012 in the Apple App Store, you may be entitled to an Amazon.com credit.
Class Members include anyone who falls into one or more of the following categories:
- You downloaded and activated a copy of versions 2.5 through 3.1 of the iOS app called Foodspotting on your Apple iPhone, iPod or iPad, and activated the “Find iPhone Contacts” feature between Aug. 9, 2011 and Feb. 19, 2012.
- You downloaded and activated versions 1.1 through 4.2 of the iOS app called Foursquare and, between April 4, 2009 and Feb. 14, 2012, activated the “Add Friends” feature or, for versions 3.1 through 4.2, registered as a Foursquare user on your Apple device through the Foursquare mobile app.
- You downloaded versions 1.5.0 through 4.1 of the iOS app called Gowalla and, bewten Feb. 23, 2010 and Feb. 23, 2012, you selected a checkbox stating, “Automatically connect with friends from my address book” and pressed a “Let’s Get Started” button, and/or you pressed a “Find Friends” button and an “Address Book” button.
- You owned an Apple iDevice on which you registered an account for versions 1.0.0 through 2.0.7 of the Instagram app from Apple’s App Store and utilized the Find Friends feature of the Instagram app between Oct. 6, 2010 and Feb. 10, 2012.
- You downloaded, installed and registered the Kik app on your Apple iDevice and, after installing version 5.4.0, you utilized the Suggested Friends feature between Dec. 22. 2011 and Feb. 11, 2012, and your contact data was uploaded to Kik’s servers in a non-hashed format.
- You received from Apple’s app store a copy of version 2.0 through 2.0.5 of the iOS mobile app called Path, and you registered and activated the Path app on your Apple iDevice between Nov. 29, 2011 and Feb. 7, 2012.
- You activated a copy of version 3.3 through 4.0.1 of the iOS Twitter app between March 11, 2011 and Feb. 21, 2012 and activated the “Find Friends” feature of the mobile app.
- You received from the Apple App Store a copy of versions 4.0.0 through 5.6.0 of the iOS mobile app called Yelp and activated the app’s “Find Friends” feature on your Apple iDevice between Jan. 16, 2010 and Feb. 22, 2012.
The Deadline to File a Claim is November 10, 2017!
For more information, please contact us at Info@MyPirl.com