Deoleo USA, makers of the kitchen Brand Bertolli, has agreed to pay a $7 million settlement for allegations that their olive oil products were deceptively labeled “Imported from Italy” and/or “extra Virgin”.
If you purchased certain Bertolli brand olive oil between May 23, 2010 and April 16, 2018, you may qualify as a class member!
The Bertolli Olive oil involved in this class action include:
- Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil: between May 23, 2010 and April 16, 2018
- Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil: between May 23, 2010 and December 31, 2015
- Bertolli Classico Olive Oil: between May 23, 2010 and December 31, 2015
Qualifying class members will be able to claim up to $8.75 per purchased product. The amount each class member receives will depend on the type and number of products purchased during stated time periods.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- For purchases made between May 23, 2010 and Dec. 31, 2015, Class Members may claim a minimum payment of $1.75 per product purchased up to a maximum of $8.75 per product.
- For purchases made between Jan. 1, 2016 through April 16, 2018, Class Members may claim a minimum payment of 75 cents per product up to a maximum payment of $3.75 per product.
Classico or Extra Light Olive Oil
- (purchased between May 23, 2010 and Dec. 31, 2015): Class Members may claim a minimum of $1.50 per product purchased up to a maximum of $7.50 per product purchased.
Class Members who do not submit proof of purchase may only claim up to five product purchases and will receive a maximum recovery of $25 per household. There is no limit on the total recovery for items for which Class Members submit proof of purchase.
The estimated deadline is said to be August 9 of this year!
For more information, please contact us at 406-219-7798 or fill out a form below!