On May 2, 2018 a Facebook user by the name of Jamie P. posted a picture of her daughter’s horrid experience with Neutrogena’s cleansing wipes attracting over 22,000 reactions, 82,000 comments, and 170,000 shares. Before taking to social media, Potts researched the products ingredients and read dozens of similar reviews. Interestingly, many of the 400+ product reviews are from people who have used and praised this product for more than a year and suddenly started having adverse side effects. This very fact brings to question whether Neutrogena has altered their product formula.
Below is an example of the recent negative consumer reviews directly from the Neutrogena website:
- “I’ve used this product for years and until recently started having skin reactions, my skin looked like it was severely breaking out and irritated. Neck was itchy. I stopped using them, skins going back to normal.”
- “I’ve used them before and never had an issue, but this time my skin started drying out and flaking off within a few days… I switched face washes, laundry detergents, and scheduled a doctor’s visit. I’ve even started putting pure coconut oil on my face to ease the dryness and burning! … The fact that Neutrogena is claiming they haven’t changed their ingredients for this product despite the enormous amount of recent cases similar to mine is very suspicious. 10/10 would NOT recommend.”
- “I’ve been using this product for years to remove my makeup and it has started giving me a bad rash and swollen eyelids with hives!!!! It almost feels like a chemical burn.”
- “I went to the dermatologist literally yesterday (May 10, 2018) for a serious rash around my eyes and down my cheek. I had no idea about the “viral” post (I’m not on any social media). My dermatologist quickly pinpointed the Neutrogena makeup removing cleansing towelettes. I bought the “fragrance free” product only to have my dermatologist show me that they are, in fact, not fragrance free. I’m now on day two of a prescription to try to clear up my rash. Very disappointing.”
- “I used these towelettes along with the bottled makeup remover. On some days my eyes will get all puffy and red and itch like crazy, I couldn’t figure out why as I had used both products before. I finally started to just use the towelettes and on the first day, BAM! my eyes were swollen and itchy. I’ve stopped using and have had no problems.”
Neutrogena has not provided a real response or an explanation to the spike in recent reactions, but told Allurer magazine, “We are deeply concerned about recent Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes complaints and ask that if consumers experience an adverse reaction, please call us at 1-800-582-4048 or send us a DM @Neutrogena immediately as we gather more details and get answers.”
Have you or a loved one experienced recent skin irritation? rashes? blisters? chemical burns? Do you use Neutrogena’s make-up remover cleansing towelettes? Contact us today! We want to hear your story and help!
Contact us at (650) 762-8545 or fill out the form below!