In the affected motorcycles, the clutch master cylinder may lose the ability to generate enough lift to disengage the clutch, especially if the motorcycle has been parked for an extended period of time. When the engine is running and the motorcycle is in gear, if the clutch cannot be fully disengaged, the motorcycle may move unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash.
Harley Davidson should notify owners, and dealers will inspect the clutch master cylinder for the presence of gas in the fluid if so, the dealer will flush the clutch system and rebuild the clutch master cylinder, free of charge. The recall began July 25, 2016. Owners may contact Harley-Davidson customer service at 1-800-258-2464. Harley-Davidson's number for this recall is 0169.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236
List Of Harley-Davidson Motor Company recalled Bikes:
- 2016 Electric Glide Ultra Classic (FLHTCU),
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low (FLHTCUL),
- Ultra Limited Low (FLHTKL),
- Ultra Limited (FLHTK),
- CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE),
- Street Glide (FLHX),
- Street Glide Special (FLHXS),
- Road Glide Special (FLTRXS),
- Road Glide (FLTRX),
- Police Electra Glide (FLHTP),
- Road Glide Ultra (FLTRU),
- Fat Boy S (FLSTFBS),
- Softail Slim S (FLSS), and
- CVO Softail Pro Street Breakout (FXSE) motorcycles.