On August 9, 2016, Plaintiff, Jeremy Klein (“Plaintiff”), brought this class action for damages resulting from the illegal actions of Hyundai Capital America d/b/a Hyundai Motor Finance (“Hyundai” or “Defendant”). The Plaintiff claims that the Defendant knowingly and/or willfully placed automated calls to Plaintiff’s cellular phone in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq. (the “TCPA”).
The class includes:
- All persons in the United States
- to whose cellular telephone number
- Hyundai placed a non-emergency telephone call
- using an autodialer or a prerecorded voice
- within four years of the complaint
- where Hyundai did not have express consent to call said cellular telephone number. The plaintiff believes that these “robo-dials” may have affected thousands of consumers.