Kawasaki Motors, Corp. U.S.A. and The Plastic Group, INC are under lawsuit by Guardian Mariano A. Cuesta of a minor (C.C.) in the State of Florida for damages in excess of $75,000.
Plastics engages in business with Kawasaki for manufacturing component parts for their ATV’s.
According to the court documents, “the Plaintiff, C.C., was seated on the ATV while it was turned on and idle when the coolant reservoir tank failed due to high internal pressure and temperature, causing the tank to explode and resulting in the Plaintiff suffering serious burns. The Defendant, KMC, sold and distributed the vehicle, which is the subject of the Complaint, within the State of Florida. The Defendant, PLASTICS, manufactured the defective coolant reservoir tank, which is the subject of this Complaint, with the knowledge and expectation that it would be placed on ATV’s that would be sold within the State of Florida.” In addition, the court documents state, “The Plaintiff, C.C., was not given proper protection by the ATV and suffered severe injuries because Defendants failed to provide a vehicle that was reasonably safe and would provide adequate protection to its occupants during foreseeable use."
- COUNT I – STRICT LIABILITY AGAINST PLASTICS – MANUFACTURING DEFECT
- COUNT II – STRICT LIABILITY AGAINST KMC - MANUFACTURING DEFECT
- COUNT III – STRICT LIABILITY AGAINST PLASTICS - DESIGN DEFECT
- COUNT IV – STRICT LIABILITY AGAINST KMC- DESIGN DEFECT
- COUNT V– STRICT LIABILITY AGAINST KMC – DEFECTIVE WARNING
- COUNT VI– STRICT LIABILITY AGAINST PLASTICS – DEFECTIVE WARNING
- COUNT VII – NEGLIGENCE AGAINST PLASTICS – MANUFACTURE
- COUNT VIII – NEGLIGENCE AGAINST KMC – WARNING
- COUNT IX – NEGLIGENCE AGAINST PLASTICS – WARNING
For more information on this case or to tell us a similar story please contact Us at Info@MyPirl.com